- Patti F. from Opelika, Posted: 06/06/2022
Was a great house for 4 adults. Close to pier and everything we wanted to do in GCB. Would recommend to replace carpet but would not keep me from renting property again. Very Clean and maintained.
- John R. from Nichols, Posted: 10/18/2021
the Waddington is a lovely home, this was our 1st time staying there and we just loved it.
- Anonymous from North Wilkesboro, Posted: 09/24/2021
First time renter. Last minute choice. It was ok, but will start process earlier next time to have more choices!!!
- Harriette C. from Quinton, Posted: 05/31/2021
was comfortable and had everything you needed. Very clean
- Anonymous from Bristol, Posted: 11/09/2020
The property was clean and close to the beach.
- Richard P. from Mount Pleasant, Posted: 08/10/2020
Great location. The house is nice. My wife didn’t like the carpet (a little dated). Everything worked and had a great time. I might be back this fall. Pam at the management company was great. Rick
1 note: we've rented this property several years. In the past, pillows and blanket(s) were in the closet or washer/dryer room for the pullout bed in frontroom. Not this year. None of the rooms had an extra blanket in the closet as in years past.
- James S. from Arlington, Posted: 07/13/2020
Thank you for your review. It's reviews like this one that can help make us better. New blankets and pillows will be delivered to Summer House- Waddington. We look forward to having you back.
- Garden City Realty staff
Everything was Great!
- Brandon S. from Wilkesboro, Posted: 05/31/2020
2nd time staying at Wadington, wonderful house in the perfect location
- Lisa N. from Inman, Posted: 08/22/2019
It was nice, as always. Very close yo the beach.
- Anonymous from Johnsonville, Posted: 07/09/2019
Perfect location! The kitchen and bathrooms could use a little updating but other than that we enjoyed our stay there!
- Anonymous from Belpre, Posted: 06/13/2019
Second year staying with Garden City Rental. Had a wonderful time again will return. Would like to see some updates done to the home. Overall it's all about the location for our family and that was spot on.
- Anonymous from Hemingway, Posted: 04/22/2019
The house needs to be updated. Pictures on website are not what the house looks like. Couch needs updating. Overall it was great.
- Anonymous from Seneca, Posted: 12/14/2018
Garden City Realty was great. Last minute rental during Thanksgiving week. They even got us in early. House was clean and comfortable. The owners may consider upgrading the couch. The location is great. Would stay there again. I also would like the realty company to upgrade their website with better information regarding monthly winter rentals.
- Connie K. from Forest City, Posted: 08/14/2018
We had a great vacation while at this location. The reality people were very cordial and ready to help in any way. The only minus that we had were the pots and pans in the kitchen. We made do with what was there but i would recommend adding a few sheet pans and some pots and bowls. Other than that we loved everything about it. The location was wonderful and the short walk to the beach was fantastic. Thank you!
- DARRIN L. from Boiling Springs, Posted: 08/07/2018
Great location. Comfortable stay. Great amenities. Only dissatisfying incident was an exterminator showed up one morning, knocking on the door wanting to spray inside while most of us were still in bed. Other than that a perfect stay.
- Anonymous from Landis, Posted: 08/01/2018
I loved the house, it was clean. My favorite part was sitting on the front porch. I just loved sitting out in the rockers. I can’t wait to stay there again.
- Anonymous from Belpre, Posted: 07/17/2018
Had a wonderful experience while staying at Waddington. Needs some minor updates inside but it is a beach house not the Mirage. Worked great for our family was close to beach and pier which is why chose this home. House was clean and kitchen had almost everything you would need. Will continue to do beach rentals with GCR.
- James S. from Arlington, Posted: 07/09/2018
- Denis B. from St-Sulpice, Posted: 11/07/2017
Very nice experience
- Karen M. from Lugoff, Posted: 06/13/2017
Nice place to take your family.vety satisfied nice locsyion,everything was clean
- Katrina R. from Fort Lawn, Posted: 05/23/2017
The house was very nice and really enjoyed staying there....
- Anonymous from Lexington, Posted: 09/21/2016
This house is a perfect location. It is literally a 30 second wall to the beach. It was just my husband and I, however it could fit 6 very comfortably. The covered porch is great for the mornings and evenings. Kitchen was equipped enough for a beach house. My only issue would be the bathrooms need a good deep cleaning and the house could use a little updating. Besides that it was perfect. Jackie from Garden City Reality was so nice and patient to work with when looking for a property. I told her my price range and what we wanted and she steered me to this house!
- Heather M. from Kingsport, Posted: 06/14/2016
The house is in a great location the beach is just a short walk across the street and the pier is just down the street! It great for a family or just a couple!
- Anthony W. from Beaver, Posted: 09/14/2015
Couldn't beat the price! Very clean and cozy house. Beds were comfortable. We will be checking the availability of this one next year!
- cindy w. from columbus, Posted: 08/24/2015
it was wonderful,house was very nice,house is a very short distance to beach.
- David R. from Palmyra, Posted: 08/10/2015
This is my second stay at Waddington and it was another great week. The most helpful thing is the addition of Wi-Fi. The house is in need of a deep clean and furniture updating but other than that I would recommend this to house anyone.
AL Rivens and family 2015
- Alvin R. from Salisbury, Posted: 07/14/2015
Hello, My family and I had a great time at the Waddington the area was nice people next door and walkers, carts rider all no problems we enjoyed our self and will come back again the walk to the beach a few mins. thanks to all you and the owners of this fine home again.
living room furniture was uncomfortable to just sit around in but otherwise a pleasant stay. Would recommend to anyone.
- Anonymous from Westminster, Posted: 07/02/2015
Very nice house to stay in and wonderful location to the beach.
- Jean H. from Gastonia, Posted: 05/11/2015
We always enjoy staying here. It is outdated but clean and roomy. They have added a smart TV which needs to have instructions on which remote to use and how to use it. They also have internet now.
- Angela S. from Shelby, Posted: 12/16/2014
The place was very clean and roomy. I have no complaints whatsoever. I would definitely return a visit.
- Johna D. from Rock Hill, Posted: 07/14/2014
Home away from Home. We thought that the place had wifi when reserved it and when I double checked it didn't so that kind of put a damper on the week because we have a guest who had to do work away from home. The kitchen really needs some more pans we were cooking out of one pan for the whole meal so the meals were taking longer to cook. It would have also been nice to have a dvd player at least in the living room for when the weather was bad. But we definitely learned what to look for when renting a home in the description. Other than we managed and it was a great stay.
- Jean H. from Gastonia, Posted: 05/12/2014
We have stayed here several times now and over all it is a very good value. Furniture not comfortable would be my only complaint. Great location, great price! Does need updated as far as furniture and wall paper.
- Jean H. from Gastonia, Posted: 11/04/2013
This is our thrid year staying at Waddington House and enjoyed it each time. Don't know how much longer we will be able to carry everything up and down the stairs though!LOL!
- Donna L. from Rockingham, Posted: 10/18/2013
We totally enjoyed our stay. knew the area. property new to us, but totally happy with it. would book again in a heartbeat!!
- Anonymous from Pilot Mountain, Posted: 10/14/2013
We were VERY PLEASED with this house. Price was Very reasonable location was awesome, everything was awesome....Only one minor thing to note for future guest...the dishes were put up a lil dirty, wasn't nothing we couldn't handle....VERY PLEASED will be back!!!!!!!!!! Thanks, Crystal
- John A. from St Catharines, Posted: 09/09/2013
- Richard W. from Independence, Posted: 08/20/2013
Had a fun !!! A lil bigger house for next year !!!! 4 bedroom 3 bath !!! Would be great
- Damone G. from Erie, Posted: 08/19/2013
second summer in a row. there will be a third
- Gina/Glenn M. from Orange City, Posted: 08/19/2013
Location worked out great for us. Loved that bed sheets and towels were provided. Would like to have free wi-fi. You know, for the kids..
- Calvin R. from Gaston, Posted: 08/08/2013
This is our second year renting this property. It is close to the beach (in fact, you can see the ocean from the porch). It is very clean. We wish it would get Wifi, at least one more TV, and some updated kitchenware, but other than that, it is a nice property, and we will probably rent again.
- Javier R. from Lawrence, Posted: 05/27/2013
Do to mild temp the trip was good and we love the location by the beach
- Jean H. from Gastonia, Posted: 05/13/2013
We so enjoyed our stay at the Waddington place. It was very clear that someone had really done some spring cleaning and if you can pass my sister's standards for clean "IT IS CLEAN". Only reservation is couch is not comfortable and wished there was a celing fan in bedrooms. I would very much recommend this place.
- Timothy B. from Greenville, Posted: 10/27/2012
Nice place for the money.Well kept.
- Connie G. from Freedom, Posted: 10/17/2012
This home could stand a few updates but otherwise very nice stay!! We would rent it again.
- Alison W. from Greensboro, Posted: 09/14/2012
We enjoyed our stay at Summer House-Waddington. My sister and I brought our 87 yr.old Mom down for a couple of days and it was close enough to the beach that she could walk and we all loved the rocking chair front porch!I would definately stay there again!
- Joan/Carl D. from Greenville, Posted: 08/27/2012
The people at Garden City Realty are very helpful along with being so friendly.
- Anonymous from Nashville, Posted: 07/30/2012
My family and I had a great vacation. The beech access and the house was great. I would recommend it to anyone.
- William S. from Columbia, Posted: 07/16/2012
Property is in a good location and has a nice layout. It had what we needed and slept 6 comfortably. Would recommend new mattresses and it needs some more seating in the living room. Other than that we were very satisfied. I would rent the house again.
- Damone G. from Erie, Posted: 06/29/2012
My third summer in myrtle beach and the first with a stay less than a block from the beach. Quiet neighbors and great for the price.
- Anonymous from Greer, Posted: 06/06/2012
We like coming to SH Waddington. We keep hoping to see the blue carpet dissapear and a few updates done but for the value it is still a fine place to stay. In fact we will be back later in the year.
- Darrell L. from MATTHEWS, Posted: 12/02/2011
Great for what we needed. Must have a golf cart to fully enjoy the beach.
- Donald M. from Prince George, Posted: 10/10/2011
nice house, weather great. have stayed there before
- Anonymous from Chesterfield, Posted: 10/08/2011
The location of the residence was WONDERFUL!! There was only cosmetic items that were wrong with the house. Most of them are all small repairs or replacements. There is a hole in the bathroom wall, a/c filter and vents need to be replaced and some of the furniture is worn and should be replaced. Our experience with the management company was mostly a positive experience, however on several occasions dealing with the customer service representatives the experience was not positive. I would still recommend the management company and the rental residence.
- Anonymous from DeWitt, Posted: 09/19/2011
Not one thing to complain about. One of the best vacations I have taken.
- James D. from Greer, Posted: 09/12/2011
This is a very nice house for the dollars that we plan on using again and again. Our special thanks to the manager Gail for all the wonderful help she gave me.
- Ida B. from Sunset, Posted: 06/22/2011
It was a great place to stay...we have young children and the location was perfect for them...such a short walk to the beach, pier and coffee shop for me..something for everyone...loved the front porch rockers..the whole place was bright and cheery...look forward to coming back!!
- Lanna S. from Sandy Hook, Posted: 06/21/2011
We loved the house we stayed in. It was clean, had a view of the ocean. We brought our entire family and it was a great vacation spot.