This cottage was very relaxing and comfortable and had all of the amenities you’d need for a family vacation.- Anonymous from Murrells Inlet, Posted: 07/04/2022
Overall good--would be nice to have some kitchen garbage bags available (there was only one) also, for the price of the cottage, it seems coffee would be provided.- Michael M. from Hilton Head Island, Posted: 06/06/2022
Great cottage to stay at when visiting Wachesaw Plantation! Jody at Garden City was a dream to work with - Thanks Jody- Kimberly N. from Plattsville, Posted: 05/12/2022
Q: What is the dress code for Kimbels restaurant?- Staff S. Posted: 02/07/2022A:
Enjoy breakfast, lunch, or cocktails at Kimbels or Magnolia’s Pool Bar. Take-out is available at both restaurants. Kimbels can be contacted at 843-357-3183 and Magnolia’s can be contacted at 843-357-0201.
Country Club casual attire is encouraged by all members and their guests at all times in all areas of Kimbels. Country club casual dress is a relaxed sophistication; something one would wear on the golf course. This dress code policy applies to all adults, children, and guests.
• Men: Collared shirt, slacks, and walking shorts are acceptable.
• Women: An open-necked or polo shirt, dress, slacks, capris, skirt, skort, and walking shorts are acceptable. As women’s fashions change seasonally, commonly accepted golf styles can be worn, as long as the shorts or skirts are no shorter than 4 inches above the knee.
• Unacceptable: Denim jeans (see exceptions below), short shorts, sports shorts, cargo shorts or pants, halter tops, exposed midriff tops, baseball caps, non-collared tee shirts, tank tops, clothing with frayed edges or visible rips, workout attire, and swimwear are not considered appropriate, and should not be worn.
• Exceptions for Denim:
• In the bar area, the veranda, and the outside decks, appropriate denim jeans (no torn or frayed jeans) will also be accepted at any time.
• No denim will be allowed in the dining room on Sundays, Holidays, or after 5 p.m., except for designated events in which it is specified in the event announcement.
• All members and their guests not in compliance with the rule on denim will be seated in either the bar area or the veranda.
Members are responsible for informing their guests of the dress code prior to arrival, and for ensuring compliance with the rules. These rules have been approved by the Board of Directors, and update and supersede all previous dress code requirements. Management staff will politely handle violators at the podium.
Q: What are the rules and regulations for the swimming pool available to The Cottage guests at Wachesaw Plantation Club?- Staff S. Posted: 02/07/2022A:
Parents should have conversations with their children before coming to the pool about appropriate behavior.
Additionally, SCDHEC requires HOAs to post their rules and regulations and to monitor that they are being followed. A complete list of the current DHEC requirements is posted in two locations at the pool complex. Guest(s) must ensure that they and all members of their household abide by all posted rules. In addition, Wachesaw Plantation Club requires these rules and regulations to be abided by while visiting, which are the following:
1. The pool is open only 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday through Sunday unless reserved for an event.
2. The use of tobacco products (cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco pipes or vapes, etc.) is NOT permitted in the pool complex.
3. NO children under 13 years old should be in the main pool without adult supervision.
4. NO children under 14 years old are allowed in the spa/hot tub unless accompanied by an adult (SCHDEC Reg.)
5. NO animals or pets allowed in the pool complex (EXCEPT for certified service animals)
6. Rafts, small floats, kickboards, plastic beach balls, noodles, etc. are allowed, but please do not allow these items to interfere with another guest (s) enjoyment of the pool.
7. NO sports-related balls such as footballs, baseballs, and soccer balls, etc.
8. NO outside food or beverages are allowed in the pool complex. THIS INCLUDES COOLERS and any type of glass container. If you would like a snack or beverage, please visit Magnolia’s restaurant at the pool complex.
9. NO running, boisterous, or rough play in the pool complex.
10. NO diving into the pool! It is too shallow to dive without risk or serious injury.
11. NO placing objects on a chair to “HOLD” a chair, table, or lounge area for later use is strictly forbidden. Your belongings can be on a chair, table, or lounge area if you are on the premises.
12. A First Aid kit is located between the Men’s and Ladies' bathrooms adjacent to Magnolia’s restaurant area at the pool complex.
Q: What are the guidelines and policies for the Wachesaw Plantation Club tennis courts?- Staff S. Posted: 02/07/2022A:
The tennis courts are prepared and open for play at 8 a.m. daily. Reservations are required. The courts have a very active tournament and match play schedule, so please make reservations in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts. Players without a prearranged game may call the tennis office for assistance in forming matches. To reserve a court, please contact the tennis office at 843-357-5129 or Emailwpctennis@wachesaw.com. Please contact the tennis office to inquire about private lessons.
Please check with the pro office to reserve the ball machine. During busy times, usage is limited to one hour. In the event the ball machine does not operate properly, please let the staff know immediately.
• Code of Conduct: Proper etiquette should be always displayed. No excessive noise, racquet throwing, or profanity will be permitted at any time. Any guest who cannot adhere to these guidelines will be asked to leave the facilities.
• Proper tennis attire: Smooth-sole shoes are required for tennis play. Men’s tank tops, cutoffs, and swimsuits are not considered proper tennis attire. All facilities should be treated with care and special attention should be given to shoes worn on courts before entering premises. Smooth-soled tennis shoes appropriate for clay courts is required.
• Unacceptable: Cut-offs, bathing suit tops, tank tops, or running shoes.
Wachesaw Plantation Club members will have first priority for all activities.
Children under thirteen years of age must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
Q: What are the guidelines for the Wachesaw Plantation Club golf course?- Staff S. Posted: 02/07/2022A:
Wachesaw Plantation Club offers an eighteen-hole championship golf course. The club has a very active tournament schedule, so please make your arrangements in advance to avoid scheduling conflicts. Please call the golf shop at 843-357-1500 to book a tee time. If you aren’t playing golf and want to use the practice facility, you must first check into the golf shop.
Traditional golf attire is required at all times on the golf course and in the practice area. Golf shoes must have soft spikes or be spikeless. Appropriate attire is available for purchase in the golf pro shop.
• Men: Shirts with collars and sleeves, slacks, or Bermuda shorts (16” in length) are considered appropriate attire for men. No T-shirts on the course.
• Women: Dresses, skirts, slacks, golf shirts, mid-length shorts, shirts with collars, and blouses are considered appropriate. Golf shirts without collars must have sleeves.
• Unacceptable: The following are not considered traditional attire: Collarless (does not apply to mock neck) or sleeveless shirts (does not apply to ladies); tank tops; swimwear; jeans; cut-off shorts; gym shorts. Shirttails must not be worn outside of pants.