Surf Master by the Sea
Important Notice: August 20, 2019
On July 30th we emailed you to inform you of a building upgrade that was recently approved by the Homeowner’s Association at Surf Master by the Sea. That email detailed the initial projected start-date as well as the impacts that might result from the scheduled work. It also stated that we expected to have more information from the HOA Board within four (4) weeks regarding a plan of action and schedule of events.
Today, we are emailing you to let you know that we have not received such an update. At this point, no word has been given yet regarding the exact start-date or the schedule of events. As a result of the lack of available information, we are continuing to monitor the situation. We are actively probing for additional information from those involved and will be sure to provide you with an update as soon as we have it.
At this time, we ask that you continue to plan on vacationing with us as previously planned. No cancellations, refunds, or relocations will be allowed until further information is made available by the Homeowner’s Association. At that time, further consideration will be given to each guest who may be impacted.
As previously stated, we plan on keeping you updated via email while also posting notices of future updates to our website at the link provided: https://www.gardencityrealty.com/notices-and-updates We appreciate your consideration of the information above, and will be more than glad to answer any additional questions you may have.
Important Notice: July 29, 2019
The HOA Board at Surf Master by the Sea is re-coating both towers at Surf Master by the Sea.This coating is expected to seal the building from outside moisture, secure the existing stucco to the studs, and improve the building’s aesthetic appeal. According to the official HOA notice, this project is expected to begin in September 2019 and will continue through April 2020.
Due to the large scale of this project, inconveniences are expected. These inconveniences may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Scaffolding constructed around parts of the building.
- Reduced privacy resulting from contractors working outside of windows and glass doors.
- Temporary closures of unit balconies for railing repairs and concrete work.
- Loud noises and vibrations resulting from the use of power tools.
- Temporary closures of pool decks due to work being completed on balconies above.
- Temporary parking closures due to work being completed on the building above.
Garden City Realty has worked to compile the following list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) in hopes that we can better serve you.
1) How long have you known about this? The project was approved via an HOA vote in May 2019. An official start-date was not released until last month. We are still working to receive a schedule of events from the HOA.
2) How will this impact my stay as a guest? At this time, the exact impacts are unknown. No official schedule has been released detailing the order of events, thus the reason it is difficult to predict impacts.
3) How will Garden City Realty ensure that I have an enjoyable stay? Garden City Realty has no control over the scheduled work and, therefore, cannot guarantee your complete satisfaction. We can guarantee that we will work to accommodate every guest to the best of our ability.
4) Can I cancel my stay and receive a refund or relocate to a different property? At this time, no cancellations, refunds, or relocations will be allowed. Further consideration will be given once a schedule of events is provided by Surf Master’s Homeowner’s Association.
5) When do you expect to receive a schedule of events? We expect to receive a schedule of events from the HOA within the next four (4) weeks. Though this schedule will not provide complete clarity regarding the severity of impacts, it will give us a better idea of the timing of impacts.
Garden City Realty is continuing to monitor the situation in hopes of mitigating impacts to our guests. We appreciate your consideration of the information above, and will be more than glad to answer any additional questions you may have.