Summer is in full swing and one of the greatest things about this time of year is the amazing fresh produce available. If you’re like me, now is the perfect opportunity to take advantage of the freshest ingredients and make dishes that are full flavored yet still light enough to beat the heat without being heavy (because the last thing you want to do when it’s 90+ degrees outside is eat super rich, food coma inducing meals). This recipe for peach salsa is a great and easy one that combines fresh cilantro and peppers with ripe peaches and is a perfect combination of sweet and heat. Do yourself a favor and hit up a local produce stand, that’s where you’ll find the best peaches!
- 4 small peaches, peeled and diced
- Juice of 2 limes, about 1/4 cup juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 to 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced jalapeno pepper, or to taste
- 1 heaping tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or sweet onion
Makes 1 1/2 to 2 cups.