Terms & Conditions
Carefully read over the following terms and conditions. Make sure everyone in your party is aware of Garden City Realty's rental policies.
1. LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES - Aside from normal wear and tear, you will be held responsible for damages to the property and/or its contents during your vacation stay.
2. WAIVER OF SECURITY DEPOSIT - In place of a refundable cash security deposit, a non-refundable waiver of the security deposit is charged for each property. This fee covers up to $1000.00 of any non-negligent damages to the property that are reported during your stay. This does not cover any damages resulting from a violation of this agreement.
3. FAMILIES ONLY - These vacation rentals are designed for family use only. We do not rent to groups or permit house parties and events. We consider a group to be but not limited to: chaperoned or unchaperoned church, college, high school, sorority, fraternity, bachelor, bachelorette, or similar groups, whether or not they are related. Garden City Realty strictly prohibits the use of properties to host events or parties including, but not limited, to weddings and rehearsals.
4. MINIMUM AGE - We do not rent to any persons younger than 25 years of age nor will we allow a guest younger than 25 years of age to check in.
5. PAYMENT POLICY - All reservations require a valid MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express card on file. Our reservation payment policy, excluding monthly rentals, is as follows; a deposit equal to 10% of the total rent is required at booking (includes travel insurance, if applicable); an installment equal to 50% of the outstanding balance is due 180* days prior to scheduled arrival; the final payment of the remaining balance is due 30 days before arrival date.
*For reservations made within 180 days (six months) of scheduled arrival, a payment equal to the first and second deposit (10% deposit and 50% installment) is due at the time of booking.
If payments are not made by the specified due date, Garden City Realty, Inc. will automatically charge the credit card on file. Garden City Realty, Inc. is not responsible for any overdraft or over-limit fees. All payments received are placed into an insured, interest-bearing escrow account to the credit of Garden City Realty, Inc.
6. CANCELLATION POLICY - Refunds are not issued for canceled reservations. However, if a reservation is canceled and the property is re-rented (entire length of canceled stay at the full amount of the original reservation) an amount equal to 80% of the payments received will be refunded. If the property is re-rented for a lesser amount, the difference will be withheld from the refund as well as a 20% cancellation fee.
A request to change reservations to a different property will be treated as a cancellation and therefore subject to this cancellation policy.
If a reservation is interrupted for any reason, including, but not limited to, a natural disaster with or without an evacuation order, no refunds will be issued. Click here for travel insurance information.
Click here to read the South Carolina Vacation Rental Act.
7. TRAVEL INSURANCE - Travel Insurance is optional but strongly recommended. Any questions regarding travel insurance coverage should be directed to Red Sky Travel Insurance at 1-866-889-7409 or by visiting their Website at http://suntrippreserver.com. The description of coverage for travel insurance may be found here. Travel insurance may be added up until 30 days before your arrival or when making your final payment whichever comes first; however, no preexisting conditions will be covered. It may be canceled within 14 days of choosing to include it and/or paying the premium.
8. REPAIRS - Garden City Realty, Inc. does not guarantee air conditioning, plumbing, appliances, pools, hot tubs, Wi-Fi, or any other amenities included in our vacation rental properties. If there is a problem or break-down every effort will be made to have a repair completed as soon as possible. We do not issue refunds for these break-downs.
9. ENTRY - From time to time it may be necessary for an employee or vendor of Garden City Realty to enter a vacation rental for any number of reasons connected to the repair, care, and management of the property.
10. OWNERS CLOSET - Any locked closets are reserved for storage of the owner's private property. These are not included in the rental of this property.
11. SUBSTITUTION/FULL REFUND - We reserve the right to substitute a comparable accommodation or refund your payments without further liability in the event the accommodation you choose becomes unavailable for rental.
12. SUBLEASING - This agreement shall not be assigned, transferred, or subleased without prior written consent.
13. PETS - Unless specifically stated in the description of the property, pets are not allowed. Should a guest violate this policy they will be asked to provide proof of boarding for the pet for the remainder of the vacation stay and will be assessed a fee of not less than $350 per pet, will forfeit any coverage afforded by the waiver of the security deposit and will be held liable for any damages resulting from the presence of the pet(s) for up to 90 days after their departure.
14. PARKING - Parking in our beach communities is limited. Every effort is made to inform guests of parking restrictions which can be found in the description of your vacation rental and on the Rentals Policies & Guidelines page of our Website. Garden City Realty, Inc. will not be liable for any damages, fines, and/or expenses incurred by the guest due to parking violations.
15. CHECK-IN - Do not expect to arrive and check-in before 4 p.m. Check-in begins at 4 p.m., depending on property availability, and extends to the close of business. Although we make every attempt to ensure our properties are ready at 4 p.m. it is not guaranteed. There are situations, such as late check-outs, that can sometimes cause delayed check-ins. In the event this happens, Garden City Realty reserves the right to withhold keys from guests until the property has been deemed ready for occupancy.
16. CHECK-OUT - Check-out is by 10 a.m. on departure day. Guests checking out past departure time will be assessed a fee of not less than $150.
17. DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY - These properties are privately owned and Garden City Realty, Inc. reserves the right to refuse services to anyone and will not be responsible for accidents and/or personal injury to guests or loss of money, jewelry, or valuables of any kind.
18. LOST KEYS - There will be a $25 fee for any lost property keys and up to a $100 fee for any lost access cards or fobs.
19. NON-SMOKING PROPERTIES – A guest or any occupant that smokes in a non-smoking property will be assessed a $250 fee plus any related expenses including, but not limited to, cleaning costs and loss of future rent.
20. LOST AND FOUND – Garden City Realty, Inc. will not be responsible for any items left within a property. Should a guest request an item found in a property be returned, there will be a minimum fee of $20 plus the cost of shipping. Firearms will not be shipped.
NOTE: BY SOUTH CAROLINA REAL ESTATE LAW YOUR RESERVATION DEPOSIT BELONGS TO YOU UNTIL THE COMPLETION OF YOUR RESERVATION.
I, THE UNDERSIGNED, UNDERSTAND THAT THE RENTAL DEPOSITS PLACED WITH GARDEN CITY REALTY, INC. TO RESERVE A RENTAL PROPERTY BELONGS TO ME, AND AS OWNER OF THE FUNDS, ANY INTEREST EARNED SHALL ACCRUE TO MY BENEFIT. HOWEVER, IT IS AGREED THAT ALL INTEREST INCOME FROM THIS DEPOSIT TO THE DATE OF RENTAL OR IN THE EVENT OF FORFEITURE SHALL ACCRUE TO GARDEN CITY REALTY, INC.