Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do your guests come from?
Our guests are primarily from SC, NC, OH, PA, VA, NY, TN, WV and Canada. We also have international guests.
- How do you market my property?
Marketing is about attracting consumers by giving a product or service value. Word of mouth continues to be one of the best marketing tools for spreading information. To enrich guest’s experience and enhance our services, Garden City Realty has invested in new software components to make the reservation process more efficient for guests and owners.
We also provide a full-service marketing department, equipped to promote your rental through a variety of mediums to maximize exposure to local, national and international markets. We promote our vacation rentals through web and print advertising, direct mail, email campaigns and more. Garden City Realty constantly seeks new and innovative ways to market a property and to improve the way we do business, all to increase exposure of your property to potential renters.
- How do I reserve my property for my personal use?
There are several ways to reserve your property. You can log-on to OwnerNet or contact Owner Services at 843-652-4251 or 800-395-5930 ext. 251.
- How do guests reserve my property?
Guests can book their reservation online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. In addition, our Vacation Specialists are available during business hours to assist all inquiries and ensure your rental property is booked efficiently.
- What are your check-in & check-out procedures?
Check-in time is after 4 p.m. or as soon as the property is cleaned and inspected. Check-out is before 10 a.m. Guests should return all keys and/or passes to our rental office. If you wish to extend your stay please inquire at least 24 hours in advance. Extensions are not guaranteed and are based on availability.
- When do I receive my rental income?
Once every month, a statement of your account will be mailed to you. Your statement and a summary of your rentals will be mailed no later than the 10th of each month.
- How do I get paid for each rental?
The closing date for statements is the last day of each month. You will be paid via direct deposit or live check for guests who checked-out within that month. The statement will show income minus management fees and any repairs or paid utilities.
- How are maintenance issues handled?
We have an in-house maintenance team that processes all maintenance issues. When a problem arises during normal business hours, we check our records to see if you have any special maintenance instructions or warranties and call the appropriate contractor to address the repair. The charges for those repairs will be included with your monthly statement. We have a maintenance tracking system that can be customized to your needs. As always, Property Services will keep you advised when major repairs are needed.
- What do Garden City Realty’s fees cover?
Our management fees cover the day to day management aspects of your property. It also covers a variety of services that include, but are not limited to: full-service marketing, property inspections, monthly and yearly accounting, rate management, 24 hour availability, personalized owner representative, referrals to local and knowledgeable vendors, owner portal with backend access, and much more.
- Who communicates with our guests – you or me?
We maintain all contact with guests. Guests are not provided with your contact information, unless you give us instructions to do so.
- What areas of property management do Garden City Realty property owners consider the most important?
The following includes a few areas which comprise the foundation of our management program:
- The cleaning and maintenance of the property.
- The number of weeks the property rents.
- The quality of the guests and the likeliness of them returning to your home.
- Maintaining the security of the property.
- The accounting of monthly statements in an accurate and timely manner.
- Communication between the homeowner and the property manager.
- Pricing and marketing rates that will maximize the investment in the property.
- The most competitive fees for providing the above services.
- Who do I talk to if I have a problem?
Owner Services is your primary contact at 843-652-4251 or 800-395-5930 ext. 251.