Meet Our Real Estate Agents
Jean Schmaus REALTOR, Broker Associate
Born in northern Virginia and raised in Miami, Florida, her love of sun, sand and golf has rooted her in the Grand Strand.
Jean holds a Broker's license and is a member of the National Association of Realtors, the South Carolina Association of Realtors and the Coastal Carolinas Association of Realtors. She holds the GRI designation as well as Senior Specialist. She has been a real estate professional for more than 30 years.
Jean ranks within the top six percent of total MLS sales volume for the Grand Strand market for 2014. She was the firm's 2014 Top Producer of the Year and Selling Agent of the Year; and received the award for Top Total Transactions.
When not in the office, she enjoys spending time with friends, family, especially her grandson, and taking advantage of all the wonderful things Myrtle Beach has to offer.
Throughout the years, Jean has enjoyed working with her clients and handling all of their real estate needs. She provides the personal attention needed to facilitate a smooth transaction for both her listing clients as well as her purchasers. As any good agent knows, servicing the client long after the sale is completed is key to a long term relationship. Throughout the years, these clients have become a wide circle of friends.
Whether you are looking for a dream vacation home or a well-deserved retirement home or condo, Jean is committed to making the process an enjoyable one.
*Our agent, Jean Schmaus was the best agent for us. She was great in listening, answering questions and giving advice. She always answered her phone and would get back to us on our questions, etc. Great Agent!! (Myrtle Beach, SC)
*Jean was very knowledgeable & professional, I would recommend her in the future (Surfside Beach, SC)
*My realtor Jean met the challenges of a purchase made from out of state with professionalism and ease. Her knowledge of helping with the process from the initial search to the closing was a tremendous help. Jean went above and beyond in assisting me with my purchase. She not only was very helpful in helping me get to know the area, but also assisted in the financing options as well. I would definitely recommend Garden City Realty and Jean to anyone looking to re-locate to the area. Thanks so much! (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* Our experience with Garden City Realty and Jean Schmaus was excellent. Jean went above and beyond during the showing and sales process. Its not easy doing things 2 1/2 hours away. We could count on Jean for anything! We look forward to many years in our new home. (Sumter, SC)
* Jean Schmaus was courteous, knowledgeable and went above and beyond what we expected - she was great!! (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* Jean was absolutely wonderful! She is very professional and caring. The Best in the Business! (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* Jean Schmaus sold us our first condo in Surfside Beach. She is very knowledgeable, we were pleased with her service. We always remained in touch with Jean and we sold our condo last year. We then bought a home a year later and Jean represented us very well. (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* Thank you so much! Jean was fabulous! (Charlotte, NC)
* Jean Schmaus was wonderful to work with. She found many properties fitting my criteria. We spent time looking at all of them until I found the one for me. Jean was knowledgeable, informative and a delight. (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* Jean Schmaus was very helpful. Enjoyed working with her. I have recommended her to help friends. (Garden City, SC)
* Jean Schmaus was absolutely fantastic to work with. Brought and sold with Jean, a pleasure to deal with. (Huntersville NC)
* Jean Schmaus is a personal friend of ours. She was the agent who sold our condo to us in 1989. She is a wonderful and delightful person we love her. (West Harrison, NY)
* Jean Schmaus had our best interest in mind the entire process of buying. Top-notch, fun and easy. She was a joy to work with. (Asheville, NC)
* Jean was awesome! (Johnson City, TN)
* Jean was wonderful! Very Helpful. (Gloucester, NJ)
* We met Jean two summers ago while on vacation. We stopped in to inquire about real estate. We stayed in contact with Jean as she has a friendly personality without the pressure of most in sales. Jean was great every step of the way she is patience understanding and very knowledgeable. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* Jean Schmaus is an excellent realtor & she did a great job of marketing & selling my home in the Surfside Beach. She made great suggestions for improvement that I believe were instrumental in selling my home within 3 days of listing! (Columbus, OH)
* Jean Schmaus was excellent in every way - professional, knowledgeable, and so pleasant to deal with. She repeatedly "went the extra mile" to help us get our property ready to sell and was accessible when we had questions. Recommend her highly! (Pinehurst, NC)
* Jean did an excellent job handling my home. I would refer her to anyone looking to buy in South Carolina. (Gloucester City, NJ)
* We were very pleased with the service we received from Jean Schmaus and we will gladly call her again if we ever should buy or sell. (Central, SC)
* Found everything about the selling experience to be excellent! (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* Jean was very helpful in every phase of the sale. Anything I asked her to do she never said "no." She made a stressful situation very easy on me. I know she went the extra mile for me. Thanks Jean! (Palmyra, PA)
* I could not have asked for a better agent. She came to our rescue. She was on top of the situation. She is a gem!
* Jean Schmaus was an absolute dream to work with. I am very grateful to have bought my first house with her guiding me! (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* Jean and the staff at Garden City Realty are easy to work with and communicated clearly every step of the way. I highly recommend them. They are the best real estate company we ever worked with. (Breezewood, PA)
* Jean has helped our family buy and sell seven properties. She is an amazing, courteous, and friendly agent. She is the best agent in the area. (Mt. Pleasant, SC)
* Superb experience in every way. Understood my needs and surpassed all expectations. A truly great experience. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* We have used Garden City Realty for 30 years and love them! We just sold my mom's condo successfully after managing it for 30 years! We love you all! Jean Schmaus is awesome! She was a real pleasure to work with! May God bless her! (Brentwood, TN)
* Jean you're the best!!!
* Jean was top notch! She helped us buy a home in a very short time, listened to our needs and made the whole process painless. (Huntersville, NC)
* Jean was the person to see. She made the whole experience easy and quick. Thank you Jean! (Highland Lakes, NJ)
* Jean has been an outstanding Realtor who has helped half a dozen of our friends and family. (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* Jean was top notch! She helped us buy a home in a very short time, listened to our needs and made the whole process painless. (Huntersville, NC)
* Jean Schmaus is by far the most awesome realtor I have ever met! She went over and beyond giving at least 110% from the house hunting, negotiations and closing. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* From the initial contact to our receiving our check Jean Schmaus was by our side. She went far beyond what was expected to help us ready the condo for sale. Garden City Realty is a first class operation. (Calabash, NC)
* I would like to bring to your attention the wonderful experience we have had in selling our property in Surfside Beach.
* Jean Schmaus was our broker and she went far beyond what was ever expected. We had issues concerning the property that needed to be addressed. She kindly referred us to a business that could prepare the condo for sale, make all necessary repairs, and did excellent work at a fair price. Not being from the area, we could have been taken advantage of, thanks to Jean that did not happen.
Jean kept us up to date on showings, advised us on pricing and was helpful and so pleasant to deal with. You are fortunate to have such a professional employee on your staff.
Should we have any need for realty services in the future, rest assured that we will go to Garden City Realty and will recommend your office highly. Thank you for the wonderful service. (Calabash, NC)
* I wanted to thank the entire staff at Garden City Realty for their prompt, professional, and accurate service during our recent home purchase. In addition, the negotiation to obtain our new home into the Garden City Rental program was an important decision for us.
I want to personally thank our agent, Jean Schmaus, who actually spent hundreds of hours with us since 2007, looking first at condos, then houses. I think Jean's patience in helping us achieve our dreams is what every agent should aspire to. It is what customers like us need. Her help and guidance through the process was irreplaceable to provide security and comfort to a difficult process of purchasing a home.
As a new homeowner, it is often hard to decipher all the offers out on the market of companies wanting to represent our home. With a large amount of rental income already booked with the incumbent rental company, and their very attractive position as the previous company to represent our home, it was hard for us to choose Garden City because it meant they would have to 'replace' all that revenue. We had our doubts if we made the right decision. We thought it might be hard or impossible to do given the time of year.
However, I am proud to say, our home has been 'on the market' for rental less than three weeks since inception with Garden City and they have successfully booked well over 50% of what was forecasted from the previous rental company. This shows me their dedication to web presence, as well as their ability to 'talk it up' when possible renters call in looking for high quality properties. I have no doubt their continued efforts combined with our home upgrades will make our place one of the best on the beach.
Last but not least, the staff at Garden City Realty really listened to us during our meetings. They went beyond the sale, offering to support us in business expansion we are considering in South Carolina. This was unexpected, and just a sign of their longstanding business awareness and local presence in the market place. I would seek advice from them on ANY real estate question we have. (Grafton, OH)
* Jean Schmaus came highly recommended by a friend of ours. Within a 30-day time period jean helped me to get up to speed on the market, had the patience to deal with all of my questions and once we both knew what I was looking for. She wasted no time in recommending that we take advantage of a very good opportunity and we successfully bid on our condo before anyone else really had a chance to see how great a deal it really was! Jean is a true professional, and we did this all remotely, from our home in Connecticut. We are looking forward to meeting her when we are there at the end of the year. (Oxford, CT)
* If you truly and really want to sell your house, call Jean Schmaus. (Granite Falls, NC)
* Jean has been a longtime friend and found a home for myself and my late husband years ago. She has been actively proactive in assisting me to find a new home and we finally did. She is one of the best real estate agents I have had the pleasure to work with. This is my 4th home settlement and Jean was by far the best! I know how hard Realtors work as my dad was a Realtor who sold large farms and residential parcels. Your realty company should be proud of what Jean brings to her clients everyday! (Elkton, MD)
* Our agent, Jean Schmaus, as well as everyone else at Garden City Realty were very helpful in finding the house of our dreams. (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* We bought our condo in Golf Colony 25 years ago. During that time, we became acquainted with Jean Schmaus, so when it came time to sell we naturally thought of her. During the time we owned our condo, there was an instance when our sister-in-law who was vacationing with us had a serious bicycle accident. Jean was one of the first on the scene. When she made the connection, she came to our condo, advised us of the emergency and then drove one of us to the scene. She stayed until the ambulance left and then drove me back to the condo and offered even more assistance. That made such an impression on us. We always knew she was professional and efficient, but that action showed compassion and caring as well. We live in Pennsylvania so, of course, we were a bit apprehensive about selling "long distance." Jean walked us through all of the steps, kept in touch with us weekly and at times more often. This was not a huge commission for her, but she did as much for us as she would have for any other seller. The closing went off without a hitch. Our condo was only on the market for about six months, if that. We credit her with getting it sold. Thanks, Jean for your stellar performance. (Hershey, PA)
* Jean Schmaus, the sales agent that guided me through my purchase is a professional, customer driven and is a great asset to both your organization and trade. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* The professional and personality of Jean Schmaus was outstanding. A resident of Myrtle Beach referred us to her. I would only deal with Jean, as I'm looking forward to purchasing investment property. (Wellsville, OH)
* I appreciate all the years of assistance offered. I'm glad I let my instincts take over in some cases, example price! That little bit was a gain for both of us and both deserved all possible. Know you are as pleased as I. It has to have been a challenge that ended exceedingly well. (Columbia, SC)
* Jean our Realtor was like a friend and not just a salesperson. She is very professional and very caring. (Edwardsville, IL)
* Jean was the best, I expected condo shopping was going to be a week of hassles and frustrations but it actually turned into enjoyable days.
* I know our purchase was not a big sale but she never let us know that. Her work and effort was all I could ever expect or want.
* She helped us on all paperwork, explained each step along the way, and made our lives easy.
* I have already told all my friends if they ever decide to make the move south to contact Garden City Realty and Jean Schmaus! (Sweetwater)
* Our agent Jean Schmaus was wonderful to work with. Her personal attention and endless energy got us the home we wanted. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* As a recent widow my experience with Garden City Realty was friendly, kind, helpful and wonderful. I was treated like family. (Waldorf, MD)
* Jean was great as we were doing our searches and tours. We would certainly use Garden City Realty again. (Garden City Beach, SC)
* Jean is a wonderful person, very professional, kept me informed at all times and I have enjoyed working with her! Thanks! (Perkasie, PA)
* Jean did a wonderful job, I thought she was very sincere. They should have more like her especially here in the New York and Long Island area. (East Meadow, NY)
* It is very hard to search real estate when you live 12 hours away. Jean scheduled over 30 appointments in one weekend, we made a bid the next Monday. She has the energy of five realtors! (Monroe, NY)
* The entire process was handled in a professional manner. I would recommend Garden City Realty to anyone. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* Jean Schmaus showed her Realtor expertise! She was GREAT! She showed that she had been in the business for a while and she knew what she was doing! She sure knows her stuff! EXCELLENT JOB!
* Jean is very courteous, knowledgeable, and a professional Realtor! She is a "Darling"!
* We have already told all of our family and friends. If you're looking to buy in SC contact Jean at Garden City Realty.
* Coming from out of the state, our agent, Jean Schmaus, lined up some fabulous properties for us to see and handled our offer, the inspections, and the closing. She went out of her way to help us. (Murrells Inlet, SC)
* I have known Jean Schmaus for 26 years, she is an exceptional agent and person. I would recommend her to everyone! Today recommendations are extremely important to all businesses. (SC)
* Jean and Garden City Realty provided wonderful service and support during this transaction. I would not hesitate to call again if the need arose. (Little River, SC)
* My Real Estate transaction was handled professionally and competently by everyone involved. I appreciate the help and support I received from Jean and everyone at Garden City Realty. (Little River, SC)
* Website was very easy to maneuver, was very informative and easy to access, enjoyed the description of our Mother's Home, and the pictures that were displayed. (High Point, NC)
* We were very pleased with Jean Schmaus and Garden City Realty. We were informed and in the loop throughout the whole process. (Cedarburg, WI)
* Jean had great information and everything was handled in a wonderful manner. (Andrews, SC)
* When we decided to look at condos, Jean happened to have one listed that we wanted to tour. There was an immediate connection with her because she is warm, friendly, witty and down to earth! While we did not get the one she had listed, she helped us get a fabulous deal on another condo in Surfside Beach. HIGHLY recommend her!!!! (Surfside Beach, SC)
* Jean Schmaus was excellent to work with, we were glad to have her as our agent. Thank you so much Jean for all of your help. (Myrtle Beach, SC)
* Great Firm! Very professional staff. Our experience was wonderful! (Conway, SC)